Breast Cancer - Symptoms & Treatment
Breast Cancer is commonly found in females which is serious diseases. Breast cancer is the illness that many women fear most, though they're more likely to die of cardiovascular disease than they are of all forms of cancer combined. Breast tissue and about 20% of female with this disease will die. Breast cancer is cancer of breast tissue. Breast cancer is the illness that many women fear most, though they're more likely to die of cardiovascular disease than they are of all forms of cancer combined. Still, breast cancer is second only to lung cancer as a cause of cancer deaths in American women. is the most common form of cancer in females, affecting approximately one out of twelve to thirteen women who reach age ninety at some stage of their life in the Western world.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Common symptoms of breast cancer include:
- A change in how the breast or nipple feels
- A lump or thickening in or near the breast or in the underarm area
- Nipple tenderness
- A change in how the breast or nipple looks
- A change in the size or shape of the breast
- A nipple turned inward into the breast
- The skin of the breast, areola, or nipple may be scaly, red, or swollen. It may have ridges or pitting so that it looks like the skin of an orange.
- Nipple discharge
Causes of Breast Cancer
A women easily getting a breast cancer, if her sister, mother or daughter had already breast cancer. There is chances increase in risk if her sister, mother and daughter had this disease under age 35. If a woman had breast cancer in only one breast, then there is chances to increase risk of cancer develop in another breast. The Breast Cancer are includes are :
- The older a woman is when she has her first child, the greater her chance of breast cancer.
- Women who had their first menstrual period before age 12 are at an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Women who went through menopause after age 55 are at an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Women who never had children are at an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Women who take menopausal hormone therapy with estrogen plus progestin after menopause also appear to have an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Large, well-designed studies have shown no link between abortion or miscarriage and breast cancer.
- The chance of getting breast cancer goes up as a woman gets older.
- A woman who had breast cancer in one breast has an increased risk of getting cancer in her other breast.
- Having certain types of abnormal cells (atypical hyperplasia and lobular carcinoma in situ [LCIS]) increases the risk of breast cancer.
- The more alcohol a woman drinks, the greater her risk of breast cancer.
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Choice of methods of treatment depends on the causes, symptoms and stages of breast cancer, these are :
- Surgery, chemotherapy, biological therapy, radiation therapy and hormone therapy are effective and used to reduce the Breast Cancer.
- Radiation therapy consists of the use of high powered X-rays or gamma rays (XRT) that precisely target the area that is being treated.
- The modified radical mastectomy, the surgeon removes the whole breast, most of the lymph nodes under the arm, and, often, the lining over the chest muscles.
- Mastectomyis, a operation to remove the breast (or as much of the breast as possible) is a mastectomy.
- Neo-adjuvant chemotherapy is used to shrink the size of a tumor prior to surgery. Adjuvant chemotherapy is given after surgery to reduce the risk of recurrence.