Cholelithiasis - Symptoms & Treatment
The disease cholelithiasis is disorders of the extrahepatic biliary tract are related to gallstones. Cholelithiasis are also known as Gallstones are formed within the gallbladder which is commonly affected Americans, women and old aged people that can be discovered by surgery, x-ray and autopsy and organ stores bile excreted from the liver. These cholelithiasis or gallstones are hard and presence in the gallbladder. Liver produces special liquid chemical called by bile and it may help digest fats. The spectrum of gallbladder disease ranges from asymptomatic cholelithiasis to gallbladder (or biliary) colic, cholecystitis, choledocholithiasis, and cholangitis Bile is made up of water, salts, lecithin, cholesterol, and other substances. If the concentration of these components changes, gallstones may form.
Symptoms of Cholelithiasis
Biliary colic is the main symptoms of the cholelithiasis. Biliary colic is the severe pain in the belly. Other symptoms of cholelithiasis include:
- fast heartbeat.
- gas and stomachache.
- vomiting, nausea.
- feeling bad.after eating spicy foods.
- Abdominal pain in the right upper abdomen or in the middle of the upper abdomen
- Clay-colored stools
- Nausea and vomiting
- Excess gas
- Abdominal indigestion
- Abdominal fullnes
Causes of Cholelithiasis
Cholelithiasis is commonly affected the overweight people and health problems such as diabetes. Virtually all gallstones are formed within the gallbladder, an organ that normally functions to store bile excreted from the liver. The main causes of Cholelithiasis are basiclly include:
- Advancing age is a major risk factor for gallbladder disease; gallstones are exceedingly rare in children.
- The prevalence rate of cholelithiasis is higher in women of all age groups.
- Biliary stasis
- Biliary infection
- Production of bile with cholesterol
- Hemolytic diseases
- Decrease in bile content
- Cirrhosis carries major multifactorial risks for gallstone formation and gallbladder disease
Treatment of Cholelithiasis
Urodeoxycholic acid is a successful medical therapy in case of cholelithiasis develops from cholesterol. Catheter removes the gallstones quickly. Electrohydraulic shock wave lithotripsy is also effective and successful to treat this disease. laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the gold standard for treating gallstones that cause symptoms and is one of the most common operations performed. gallstones blocking the common bile duct may be seen and removed during the laparoscopic procedure. The standard operation for gallbladder removal through a right subcoastal or midline incision is open cholecystectomy.
- You should eat foods which contain low fat.
- You should lose some weight.
- You should avoid oily, spicy foods.
- If you have symptoms of gallstones, you have to go to the health care provider immediately.
- You should get information like causes, symptoms and treatment of gallstones from your doctor.